Saturday, 18 April 2009

Up the Coast

The team left to travel back to Greece yesterday, so I started travelling up the East coast. It was sad to see them all go, mostly because the whole tournament carried a very emotional weight for our team. A lot of the players will most likely never play hockey for the National team again, if at all, and unfortunately Greece has no ice rinks, and therefore no way to breed new players. I was mostly sad to see my closest buddies go because I'm going to miss busting their chops...


After spending my last night in Dunedin, staying with a friend in university halls, I left this morning for Christchurch. The bus ride was great, it was just under 7 hours long, and I was awake for at least 15 minutes at one point... Our first stop was in a small town called Oamaru, which was on the coast and covered in really thick fog.


I'm going to spend a day in Christchurch and then travel north to Picton, where I get the ferry to the North Island, and hang out with an old friend in Wellington... More news from there

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ella re Themi, it's travel time!

Sorry to hear not all of the guys will be playing hockey with you in the future though, that's a real shame.

I like your method of sleeping through lengthy journeys - most cunning ;)

Enjoy the first leg of your trip and do keep the pictures coming!

Take care and have fun, mmkay? Oh, and stay away from fish sticks...